Monday, January 16, 2012

Stash and Treasure Recyclers Market




My local town hall hosted the Stash and Treasure Market yesterday.  They held one a few months ago which I didn't make it to so I was kind of curious to check it out this time.  When Amy from Badskirt posted that she was going to have a table there and I knew I had to get there smack bang on 9am. I just love Amy's taste and wanted to make sure I had the pick of her stash.  (Amy and I have been crafting friends for a while now since we both used to go to the Inner West branch of The Craftroom, which is unfortunately not meeting anymore.)

Amy didn't disappoint, in my half-asleep-vague-state (making a decision was really hard) I bought three Oliver+S patterns that had been on the wanties list for quite a while, plus these two bundles of fabric.  Amy had a lot of great bundles I would've been happy to take home with me, but quite a few of them had at least one fabric I already own in them plus I really need some yellow for the stash.


L-R: Birthday Party Dress; Sunday Brunch Jacket and A-Line Skirt;
2+2 Blouse and Pleated Skirt Pattern


L-R: Early Bird, Cosmo Cricket; D's Selection; ??; Circa 50, Birch

L-R: D's Selection by Fumika Oishi & Kei Honeycomb

I've noticed I'm really drawn to red right now - it started with adding some red Xmas decorations to our tree (it has been white and silver for about 7 years), I bought a pair of chunky red beads on Xmas Eve that I have been wearing with just about everything and have had the wanties for a red handbag for quite a while.


Glide, Alexander Henry
Midwest Modern?, Amy Butler; Alex Henry; ??; Japanese

I also found 2 FQs of these gorgeous swimming ladies, the Amy Butler (love that particular pink with yellow) and two prints (one is definitely Made in Japan).  Plus some cute vintage buttons for 50c each which might come in handy.  The funny thing is when I went back to Amy at the end to show her my haul, she pointed out that all the fabrics co-ordinated really well.  I hadn't even been thinking about that!




It was quite a small market, there were people selling leather, lace, fabric, notions, vintage bric-a-brac.  I hear the tables are not too expensive so if you need to clear out the stash, this might not be a bad option.

Links to Stash and Treasure Recyclers MarketBadskirt, The Craftroom, Oliver+S.

1 comment:

  1. great finds - love the chairs with the little birdies and the red brollys and the swimming girls and the .... fabulous !

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.