Thursday, November 17, 2011

Habitat Quilt - Cutting Completed




I've just finished cutting fabric for my Habitat bowtie quilt.  It was a bit of a marathon since I haven't made a large quilt before.  Through inexperience (or stupidity) I set about cutting the Habitat fabric one fat quarter at a time... d'oh!  No wonder it was taking ages, I had a lightbulb moment and realised that I could cut multiple layers of fat quarters at once, this saved a lot of time.  It was certainly much easier to cut the Crossweave in yardage, folded and folded and cut into strips first.   That's when the rotary cutter really makes sense!  


Terrible lighting conditions - late arvo on a rainy day

The stats:  96 Habitat small blocks; 96 Habitat large blocks; 96 Moda Crossweave blocks.  This is what I'll be working towards using tutorials here and here.  

Soundtrack Gorillaz, Plastic Beach loving this track especially at 2:20:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.