Monday, February 21, 2011

Stalking the Mail

So I've been waiting for a package of fabric to arrive from Hawthorne Threads.  It's been 9 days since I placed the order and whilst I expect it usually takes about 10 days I still can't help anxiously waiting and hoping it gets here early.  I'm planning on turning the following fabrics into some Nikki bags:

Top Row: Amy Butler - Water Bouquet, Cypress Paisley, Eleanor Grolsch - Zoo Menagerie Blossom
Bottom Row: Anna Maria Horner fabrics from her Innocent Crush range


and I bought this additional fabric to go with the remainder of the "boy Central Park" stash for my second baby boy quilt blogged here (if you look back at that post it's the left-hand pile not the orange/yellow pile):

Top Row: Joel Dewberry - Herringbone in Maple, Acorn Chain in Timber
Bottom Row:  David Textiles - Venice, Bare Trees in Turquoise, Joel Dewberry - Herringbone in Timber

Everyday, sometimes several times a day, I go to USPS to track my parcel but it hasn't been updated since the day it was sent!  I don't know why they even bother giving you a tracking number.  Patience, patience..... in the meantime I've got more projects bubbling around in my head planning my next Hawthorne Threads order.  Today I was completely spontaneous and put in an order from Purl Soho (discounted Amy Butler oilcloth couldn't be passed up) so while I was already paying for flatrate postage I thought I might as well throw a few more fabrics into the envelope:  Anna Maria Horner voile and Robert Kaufman flannel to be turned into a scarf and Sweet Honeycomb dots to use for binding the above quilt.

Top Row: Amy Butler Love oilcloth, Sweet Honeycomb Dots in Bark
Bottom Row: Anna Maria Horner Little Folks voile, Robert Kaufman flannel


Please hurry up and get here!! :-)



1 comment:

  1. Geez - you've been shopping!! lucky you.
    I find Hawthorne takes 2 weeks to get here and the UPS site never changes from it's shipped status as once it hits Aus it ships aus post. Looking forward to seeing some results.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.